Wednesday, August 12, 2009

A Day in the Life

This is me. Take it or leave it--I make trivial tasks difficult.


On a normal day, you get your cup of tea, tear open a honey packet and squeeze its contents into your cup.


On my normal days, I get a cup of tea, go through five honey packets and spill just about everything on myself.


Yes, this is my routine: Order tea (how ironic the tea I choose is called "calm"), wander around looking for the drink accessories station, scout out honey packets and stirrer. Grab packet. Tear open packet....wait, that one isn't tearing, try a different corner, nope, no corner works, grab new packet. Tear open packet...no, these corners aren't working either, darnit.

Grab new packet, use force this time. Packet rips in half, honey oozes out, two drops into tea, the rest on me. Crap. Grab napkins, soak in tea, wipe up sticky mess. Grab new packet, corners don't open. Curse under breath and ignore stares from girl at counter. Grab new packet, use force, but not too much.

Packet opens successfully!!! But tea is now cold.

Corey is fully aware of my tendencies to attract faulty honey packets, or how I find the one crack in the sidewalk to trip over.

Lucky for me Corey's takin' all that instead of leaving it. (insert cheesy grin here)

No comments: