Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Ten on Tuesday + One

1. Do you listen to the radio in your car? If so, what type of station do you like?
When I am reeeeally busy I spend my 35 minute drive to work trying to mentally keep track of what I have to do that day.  Otherwise I listen to our local Christian radio station with commercial breaks spent touring every other station under the sun...that is, the ones in my area.

2. What is the best concert you have ever attended?
I don't know if this counts: in July I saw the Philadelphia Orchestra play during Casablanca.  It was magical.  My few other experiences were eventful but not in a good way.

(nearly passing out at Third Eye Blind, contact high and witnessing a couple making a family at Dave Matthews Band, etc.)

3. What is the most embarrassing concert you have ever attended?
See above.  During the encore at a Dave Matthews Band concert the couple behind us, uh, succumbed to the moment and had maritals right there at our feet.  Luckily, the torrential downpour blurred most of it.

4. If you could have the singing voice of anyone in the world, who would it be?
Carrie Underwood.  Girlfriend gives me chills.

5. You’re auditioning for American Idol. What song do you sing?
"If you like pina coladas...."

Just kidding.  I really have no idea.

6. If your previous weekend had its own soundtrack, what would be a few of the songs?
It would be everything from the latest Kidz Bop.  For sure.

More on the weekend adventures later.  If you follow me on twitter you've had a preview.

7. Most annoying television show theme song ever:
I don't have one.  Just a lot of favorites including What's Happening, Fresh Prince, and, of course, Matlock.

8. Are you and your significant other music-compatible?
We are, but he takes those few songs we both like and plays them until I cannot stand them.

9. A song that brings me back to middle school:
All things Boyz II Men.

10. A song that brings me back to high school:
The Abercrombie and Fitch song.  I'm embarrassed to say I know several lyrics.  Would you believe me if I said I learned the words so I could make fun of the song??

11. A guilty pleasure song (or three):
Jump Around by House of Pain, I pretty much lose it when this song comes on.

Fantasy by Mariah Carey, same.  Then I sing and do that stupid head bob with my eyes closed, like it's the most important thing going on in that moment.  Because it actually is.

...

Happy Tuesday!!

1 comment:

E said...

Love your guilty pleasure songs! That DMB concert experience sounds horrible. Ugh.

P.S. Can't wait to hear about your weekend!