Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Greetings from the rain capital of the world

Day Four: on this sewing retreat I have managed to put together half of a quilt and roll 100 felt balls.

My house-mates are on their 3rd and 4th finished quilts.

People, can I tell you: these ladies are work horses.  And my 28 year old body and brain are struggling to keep up.

What?!

My expectations of this week: wake up around 6:30am, have a cup of coffee and some breakfast together, comment on the weather, more small talk, shower, mosey to the sewing machines, sew, talk, sew, talk, break for lunch, sew, talk, sew, break for snack, sew, sew, sew, break for dinner, meander about randomly, go to bed at 9:30pm.

What's really going on:  wake up at 7:30am, sew, sew, sew, break for breakfast, sew, sew, sew, sew, sew, sew, sew, snack at machine, sew, sew, sew, sew, sew, gnaw on a sandwich at machine, sew, sew, sew, sew, sew, sew, break for dinner, sew, sew, sew, sew, sew, sew, sew, drag self to bed at 11pm.

This is more of a working vacation, but hey, I've been in yoga pants and no make-up the entire time.  And I've gotten to play with pretty fabric.  And I've learned about what to expect in the heartburn season of my life.  All very important criteria for a vacation.

I'll post pictures soon.  I'll show you what the other ladies are working on: incredible stuff, I tell ya what.  And then I'll show you what I managed to piece together and you'll say, "um, wow, is that all?  Haven't you been there for THREE whole days??"

But whatevs.  It's my hobby and I can do what I want with it.  As slowly as I want.

Later gators.

No comments: