Tuesday, June 26, 2012
I know I haven't been around in awhile, but things got pretty busy over here.
I had this craft show, and I felt it was necessary this year to, you know, have some goods to bring with me. So that's what I did. I scrapped the blog thing to do the jewelry thing.
And now I'm back doing the blog thing, but over at another site: www.sjloriginal.blogspot.com.
Don't worry. It's totally legit. And there will be plenty of the same ol' schtuff because I'm still married to the source of most of my material. In fact, just a few days ago I was summonsed to investigate a strange bump on Oliver-dog's stomach, which turned out to be a nipple. Corey didn't have a dog growing up so he wasn't aware O would have several. Needless to say he was relieved these "weird white bumps" weren't something more serious.
Oh Corey. You make me laugh.
And he can make you laugh too. Somewhere else. So go there.
We'll be waiting :)
Friday, June 8, 2012
2. Sometimes I question my instincts.
3. And my driving abilities.
4. Guilty pleasure, movie edition: Don Juan DeMarco. Cheesy, oh yes. But the hunk-factor of Johnny Depp in this movie is off the charts.
A close second: A Walk in the Clouds.
Color me hopeless romantic.
5. I've been super busy getting ready for the LARAC craft festival one week from tomorrow, but as of right now I do not have a single necklace assembled.
I sell jewelry, if you didn't already know.
6. I use "your mom" in more arguments than I should.
7. I can only drink half a cup of coffee.
8. Pet peeve of the moment: every single thing certain people do.
You won't know if it's you, but just in case, stop doing what you're doing. It might be driving me crazy.
9. Sometimes Corey wants me to sit in the living room and watch TV with him. So he turns on a game and I watch sitcom reruns on the laptop.
10. Here's a little too much background for something that might be amusing to only myself: I ran across an old Missy Elliot song last night, you know, the badonkadonk one. Despite feeling icky about the lyrics I used to know (girlfriend is nasty!) I still sang along with the parts I remembered, which led me to the chorus and my favorite nonsensical lyric:
"....I put my thang down, flip it and reverse it. Is your feminipiflam yet?"
"Is your feminipiflam yet?!"
I have no idea what the actual words are that she's saying; I like this version better.
Thursday, June 7, 2012
Mmmmmm. Now doesn't that just tickle your fancy?
And make your stomach growl?
And possibly remind you you forgot to unplug the curling iron?!
This is the new Quaker Soft Baked Bar made with real fruits and nuts. Go ahead. Take a look. A good, long look at your new breakfast snack because between the fusion of flavors and 5g of fiber, 6g of protein, and B-vitamins you've got yourself something you'll actually feel good about eating.
Why, yes I did just say fusion of flavors. I don't even regret it because that's what happens: they take cinnamon and pecans and fuse them into something beautiful. Then they made the same magic with bananas.
But they had me at pecan.
And 6g protein.
But mostly pecan.
Hey mom, did you see this?
She drinks those Carnation Instant Breakfast shakes in the mornings; easy to make and take. But oh the possibilities with a Soft Baked Bar!
Hey mom, pop this sucker in the microwave and tell me it doesn't knock your pantyhose right off.
But that's an experiment for another time.
Enjoy, people...wholesome food you can take with you!
Wednesday, June 6, 2012
His solution: cake mix. Both chocolate and yellow.
Corey: "Do you think the eggs are still good?"
C: "I mean, when the power went out we didn't take them out, so they should be ok, right?"
Me: "Put water in a bowl and see if they float. If they don't then they're fine."
Corey fills bowl. Inserts egg. Sinker.
C: "The egg is at the bottom."
Me: "Then they're fine."
C: "Are you sure??"
Me: "I read it in several places."
Corey adds eggs. Stirs.
C: "Are you going to eat this?"
Me. "Yeah, why?"
C: "I'm not. It just seems funny."
Me. "Gimme a break! The thing sunk, the eggs are fine. Call your mom if you don't believe me!"
C: "Hey mom...(chatter in the other room)....ok thanks. Don't worry beetle. The eggs are good."