"Doesn't she know he's in there?!"
"Turn a light on! You don't have to walk around in the dark!!!"
I hate scary movies. Hate 'em. I hate the suspense. I hate the gore. I hate sending my poor dog into the bathroom at night to flush out serial killers. But I still torture myself every Halloween and watch something I know will haunt me for months if not years.
A list of too-scary movies, in no particular order:
- The Ring: Scared my pants off. The premise: this creepy video kills you seven days after you watch it. I watched only part of the video, but seven days later I seriously wondered if I was going to die.
- Texas Chainsaw Massacre: Super gory. I did not expect to actually see a guy hanging from a meat hook, but I did notice the effectiveness. That guy was in pain. Mission accomplished.
- Saw: Scariest. Movie. Ever. I don't want to talk about it.
- Child's Play: Saw the preview when I was six, couldn't look at my dolls the same way.
- The Shining: Ghosts, check. Possessed weirdo, check. Creepy kid, triple check.
- Thriller: Yeah, it's just a music video, but don't pretend you don't check for zombies after it's over.