Wednesday, February 1, 2012

The early years

Hello friends.  Happy Wednesday! 

Or, if you're like me, Happy Tuesday and Happy Thursday!

My, um, calendar ran out on me yesterday and I'm completely lost without it.

So to celebrate Wednesday, and February, and the fact that it's waaaay too stinkin' warm for winter I'm going to post somethin'.

Lucky you!

I found a few pictures at my parents' house recently:

These two crazy kids fully embracing the styles of the late 70s are my parents.   Young, and in love, and fully unaware that within 10 years they will have three very loud, yet amazingly well-behaved children.


I love old pictures.

I love my parents.

I love my dad's face in the top right picture.

That's what he does.

He also mistakenly pronounces "exacerbate" in a very embarrassing way.


My parents worked at a boy's academy when I was young as house parents in a barracks full of seventh graders. 

Handsome couple.

Needless to say, I was the center of attention.

Oh the memories.


Eventually these two adorable yahoos came along.


I love old pictures.



...and reminiscing.

...and bowl cuts.

...and mama's old aprons.

...and my family.

1 comment:

E said...

NOthing can compete with a good bowl cut. That's why I was called "sir" by the guy at Taco Time at the age of 8 or 9. Luckily I just fell into a fit of laughter afterwards.