Ten on Tuesday with Chelsea is back! Girlfriend took a much needed hiatus but now we're up and running and all is right with the world again.
1. What’s your variety of apple?
Pink lady. So appropriate, right? But I will say that before I moved to friggin' apple country I thought an apple was an apple. Except for the green ones. Those made my face hurt.
2. Do you prefer Long-English or Field cucumbers?
No, thank you.
3. Tomatoes – Delicious or disgusting?
I'll eat one with a big ol' glob of mozzarella, or anything else that can mask all of the flavor.
4. What’s one fruit or vegetable that you can’t stand and why is that?
Beets. A word of caution: if you go into a beet soup expecting red velvet cake (and why wouldn't you, it will be the most beautiful shade of red and so silky smooth) you will be disappointed. Beets taste like dirt.
5. What’s your favourite way to prepare veggies? (Grilled, boiled, roasted, sautéed, etc.)
Steamed. It's easy. I dont need it to be delicious, just soft enough to go down quick. I'm in it for the vitamins.
6. Sweet potato pie: Love it or hate it?
Never had it. But. I. Want it.
7. What’s your favourite “style” of French fry? Wedges, shoelace, curly, crinkle-cut or other?
Steak fries are my weakness. So much so that I eat them off of others' plates.
8. What’s your favourite fruit-pie filling?
Razzleberry. I'm not entirely sure what this means, but Mrs. Smith does and she does it goooooood. It's tart and sweet and goes perfectly with ice cream. This is my dessert of choice for bad days.
9. When you were a kid did your parents make you sit at the table until all your veggies were eaten off your plate?
I was such a good child there was probably never a meal where I didn't eat all of my vegetables.
That's probably wrong. I just don't remember!
10. Do you drink veggie & fruit juice blends (such as V8, etc.) or make them yourself?
Here's something you might not know: fructose from fruit juice has the same negative long-term affects on your liver as alcohol. So I tend to stay away from the stuff, unless I absolutely need a shot of OJ with my scrambled eggs.