Mom: "Hey Stace, you know it's Tuesday..."
I know, I know.
1. What do you do for a living?
I try to solve constituent problems for a New York State Senator.
2. What’s your favorite thing about your job?
Oodles of poodles! Where do I begin? Benefits, coworkers, flexibility, I can wear flip flops all the live long day, being able to help people, meeting movers and shakers, free snacks, good boss and much more!
3. What’s your least favorite thing about your job?
I have to be here.
Srsly, a 9-5 schedule is not my bag. I'm more of a 8:30-noon, 2-5, 7-9:30 worker. Put me in a seven hour box and you squash all motivation.
4. If you weren’t a ____________, what would you be?
Curator, 7th grade art teacher, tour guide, alpaca farmer, RV trekker, reality star.
You name it, I've wanted to do it.
5. What is something that you would love to get paid for that you think no one would ever pay you for?
Dunkin Donuts taste tester. People already know DD's are shuggin' great, so it's not like they need someone on the assembly line going, "yep, that one's a keeper." But I'd like to do it anyway.
6. If you could have any job for exactly one day, what would it be?
Movie star. I wanna see what all this "tortured artist" junk is all about.
7. If you had to do manual labor, what would you do?
I'd work on Martha Stewart's farm. Don't tell me you haven't already thought this would be the coolest job: she's got all kinds of animals, gardens times twenty, and it's all fancy. Fancy everything, everywhere. If I have to get dirty, I might as well do it fancily.
8. What is something you were forced to learn in high school that was supposed to be super important, but you never actually use?
Math. Prepositions. The life cycle of fruit flies.
What do I wish I did learn? How to use the dang number keys without having to look at them. UGH!
9. Who was your favorite boss? Why?
At one time, when I worked at a small title company in my hometown during school breaks, my mom was my boss. I'd come in late, leave early, smoke at my desk and tell my co-workers what I really thought of them without getting into trouble. Just kidding. But I did have that card in my hand, just in case.
After Deb, my current boss is my favorite. She's super supportive of all my side projects and looks out for all of us constantly.
And she stocks the office with lots of snacks.
10. Where would you rather work: Dunder Mifflin Paper Company (The Office), Wernham Hogg Paper Company (The Office, UK), or Initech (Office Space)?
Dunder Mifflin. Creed is playing solitaire in every shot of his computer for goodness sake!
Happy (rest of) Tuesday!!