Thursday, May 28, 2009

A letter to my future in-laws

Dearst Bonnie and Gary,

What a wonderful four years it has been getting to know you both. From the moment we met that opening day of the track in 2005 I knew you were special people. I honestly could not have asked for a better set of in-laws...actually, Elvis and Pricilla would have been really cool.

Now I feel it is time to clue you in on some things you do not know about me:

1. I DO freak out. I'm not as calm as you think, Bon. Last night I almost threw a printer through the window and into the pool. Why? It crossed me.

2. I am lazy, and I very much enjoy it. Even though I have a million things going on at once, I am really day dreaming about couch time.

3. I am a horrible perfectionist. My clothes are arranged by color. I will spend hours cleaning with a Q-tip. And if I cannot achieve immediate perfection I give up, exasperated.

4. My patience threshold is low. How many times in one conversation do I really need to tell Corey what I had for lunch? One. How many times do I actually tell him? Seven. This situation does not usually end well.

There. Now we are better acquainted. Sharing feels good. I think I'll do more of it.

I ate grapes today.

No comments: