Friday, December 11, 2009

One big hot mess

And I am not referring to an open faced turkey sandwich.

Although, that does sound good....with the stuffing and the cranberry...

Focus.

No, I'm talking about the snow.  The beautiful, white, piled high gift we received on my poorly planned day off.

There would be no stroll through the park.  Falling snow has a tendency to find that one sliver of exposed neck skin and use it relentlessly as a target.

There would be no completed Christmas projects.  The weight of the lovely fluff took out a power line feeding our entire neighborhood.  And unfortunately, computers and sewing machines still run on electricity.

There would be no thrift shop excursion for future craft materials because by then I was just grumpy.

Luckily, however, I was able to shovel thousands of pounds of this glorious miracle of the sky from my parents' driveway, ending the day sore and fatigued.

In short, I am never planning a day off before first consulting Doppler radar....

Or I'll just not wait until the last minute to get everything done.  Whatever.

No comments: