Thursday, December 31, 2009

Wii for dogs.

I hope you all appreciate this post, possibly my last, because the second Corey finds out I purposely let Oliver on the new rug (which is a big no-no) he will slaughter me.  Maybe even through the phone.


But it is a story that must be told.  And I am hoping one of the four followers of this blog is the random stranger that happened to see me and the following antics through the window.  He or she desperately needs an explanation if only to know that I am not completely crazy.


Here's the story:

I got a Wii and the Wii Fit Plus for Christmas.  I screamed.  Really, ask my mom.

And finally, I was able to set it up Tuesday night.  I put the sensor bar on the TV, plugged in the cords, re-plugged the cords and synched the Wii Fit board...


(this thing)

...and powered up the game.  It weighed me, calculated my body mass index, and figured out my center of balance.  Then it started talking to my dog.

"Excuse me, you want to do what to my dog?"

"Have Guest F (me) help you (Oliver) onto the board.  His/Her weight will be subtracted from your total."

"Hold up.  You want to weigh my dog?OK."


This is what I was trying to do.

But I am not a man, nor am I strong.  And Oliver is not a willing participant.


So, this is what we looked like.

First, I try to get him to sit on the board, but he wanted to lay across it.

Then I try to get him to stand on the board:

"First foot on, second foot on, now the back ones, oh crap, the first two are off..."

"I cannot find you.  Please step off the board and press A."

"Dangit."

Next I wrap my arms around his belly and hoist him up on his two back feet.  He is as tall as I am.  And 70 pounds.  Did I forget to mention that?

We walk onto the board.

"One foot off.  Dangit.  Lemme grab that back foo...."

"I cannot find you. Please step off the board and press A."



I press A, board resets, I regain my grip and drag Oliver back on.

"All feet on, looks goo..."

"I cannot find you. Please step off the board and press A."

"Dangit."


Press A.  All feet on...

"I cannot find you. Please step off the board and press A."



"SERIOUSLY?!  We are both here, on this board, ready to be WEIGHED."

"I cannot find you. Please step off the board and press A."


"Can't I just tell you how much he weighs?!  Because I already know!!  And what are you going to do with his measurements?!  Track his weight loss?"

"I cannot find you. Please step off the board and press A."



(sigh)


I end up standing on the board by myself to get the thing to shut up about the dang A button.  Oliver is then told he weighs negative pounds.  Score for me.  Unfortunately, he won't be able to set and follow his own fitness goals.

He's over it.

And I'm sure Corey's over the whole rug thing...hehe...right Cor?

No comments: