Friday, February 19, 2010

L'Affaire to Forget


Tonight I am going to look like an idiot.  Because that is what the director wants me to do.  I will look foolish in every way possible, from my teased hair, to my zebra print tights, to my who-knows-where-I-come-from drawl.

Because as a part-time, un-paid, non-equity, community theater actor, that is what I do.

We open L'Affaire to Forget tonight; the Glens Falls Community Theatre murder mystery written and directed by THE Bob Myers.  It's full of murder and mayhem...the murder part was in the original script, I think through the rehearsals we created the mayhem.

I can't say too much more about my character.  But I think it's obvious I'm completely clueless.

I'm too nervous and sweaty to write much more.  I hear moisture and electronics do not mix well.

"Break a leg, Stace!"

I know you were thinking it.

No comments: