Wednesday, February 17, 2010

President's Day Salute

I, along with state and federal employees across the country, observed President's Day on Monday.  To celebrate I emptied the dishwasher, folded socks, exchanged quarters for cash and took Psycho to the dog park.

One president I would like to thank in particular is President Theodore Roosevelt.  He probably thought to himself, "Hey, America is, like, the coolest place ever.  Everyone is going to want to come, live and breed like crazy here.  Maybe I should arbitrarily set up chunks of land, call 'em state and national parks, and then only let people in to walk around, play hacky sack and have picnics and stuff.  Besides, we need trees, yo.  Even here in the early 1900's I know trees give us oxygen, and we need oxygen to breathe...and breed."

Bravo, sir.
Adirondack Park

Bravo.
Adirondack Park...again

No comments: