Friday, May 27, 2011

Friday Confessions

1.  I get a little too excited when it's time to refill my stapler at work.

2.  Blogger is not letting me comment on my friend's posts.  This is a problem for me because I usually have something to say.  I feel oppressed.

3.  On Monday I was pulled over for talking on my cell phone.

4.  On Wednesday I may or may not have, upon passing the same cop, seeing him see me on my cell phone again, and watching him turn around in the nearest parking lot, taken a few unexpected turns down residential side streets in order to lose him.

5.  NBC canceled my new favorite Thursday show, Perfect Couples.  I'm on the verge of firing up a severe letter writing campaign.  WHO'S WITH ME?!?

6.  ::::chirp, chirp::::::

7.  People who obviously don't know me well enough, or think I may just sprout memory cells overnight, ask me to remind them of something. 

"Hey Stace, remind me to call...."

"Ok.  Hey daddy, remind me to remind you to call..."

8.  Today I'm wearing my favorite summertime pants.  The same pants I wore on my first date with Corey six years ago next month.  The same (white) pants that have stains everywhere.  My strategy: "Oh no!  I must have dropped my breakfast this morning!"

9.  I say my prayers before I go to bed at night, but I make the mistake of saying them while in bed.  Head on pillow, most comfortable sleep position.  Needless to say, I end up dozing off mid-prayer and have dreams about Newt Gingrich hosting a talk show and inviting Elvis Presley on stage to sing Happy Birthday to Katie Holmes.

10.  My co-workers are aware of my shy bladder.  Is nothing sacred in the workplace?!

...

Happy Friday!  Happy 3-day-weekend for (hopefully) most of you!

2 comments:

E said...

I hope you have a happy 3-day weekend too!

april said...

Hope you have a great weekend too!

I tried to watch Perfect Couples, but I kept forgetting. It's solely my fault it's getting canceled. I am so very sorry.

;D

I have missed your comments. But you might not have been talking about me. I'm not that vain (and now you have Carly Simon in your head, or at least Kate Hudson and Matthew Mcconaughey).