I love movies. Love them. And I love talking about them. Thank you Chelsea!
1. If you could watch only one movie for the rest of your life, what would it be?
As with most things, my favorites change daily. If you ask me today I'd say Diary of a Mad Black Woman. If you ask me tomorrow I'd probably say the same thing. But if you ask me Thursday I might say Baby Mama.
2. Let’s say someone wrote a screenplay about you; what actor/actress would you choose to play you and why?
Katherine Heigl, we seem to have the same quirky, awkward mannerisms. We were separated at birth.
And by about 12 years.
And by different parents. But I think you know what I mean.
3. What’s the first movie you remember seeing in theaters?
The Little Mermaid...and it terrified me! To this day those little squirmy people in the witches lair still creep me out.
4. Did you ever make out at the back of a movie theater in middle school/high school?
Nope. But even if I did, do you think I would announce it here, where my parents and in-laws lurk?!
5. Are you a Netflix-er, Blockbuster-er or a Redbox-er? (Or none of the above?)
Sadly, none of the above. I love movies and I used to get a lot out of my Netflix, but now I 1)don't have time to watch movies, 2) don't have a working DVD player, and 3) am married to someone who has the complete opposite taste in movies but couldn't sit still through one even if he did pick it out.
6. Name one actor/actress who you would give anything to have a dinner date with.
Johnny Depp. I love his movies to pieces. Some of my favorites are ones he stars in, like Benny and Joon and What's Eating Gilbert Grape.
Actually, they might be favorites because he's in them.
7. What’s the worst movie you’ve ever seen?
The Wedding Date with Debra Messing and Dermot Mulroney. I think he should be in movies but as the tortured soul who is too tortured to speak. He's pleasant to look at but is as bland as wheat pizza crust when he opens his mouth. Debra Messing is good but the plot was ridiculous.
Second least favorite: Leap Year.
8. Do you sneak snacks into the theater when you go?
Oh yes. Bottles of water, crackers, and candy. My sister once wondered if she should try bringing in a Subway sandwich. She thought better of it.
9. Movie theater popcorn: love or hate it?
No thank you. It's so loaded with junk, costs as much as one of my car payments, and I'm not a big popcorn fan anyway.
10. What is the all-time best Disney movie in your opinion?
Also changes daily. Today: The Little Mermaid. Because I was just thinking about it. And I used to stand outside my house singing Part of Your World.
Enjoy your Tuesday! Hopefully it's as sunny as mine!