Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

Here we are with some Tens; some Chelsea Tens so hang on for a totally random ride.

1. Have you ever used Craigslist?
Oh my goodness, yes.  See yesterday's post on frugalness.  I would furnish my entire house AND buy the house I am furnishing solely from Craigslist goodies.

I draw the line at mattresses.


2. Can you sew?
Yes.  Straight lines, the basics.  For everything else I say, "Hey mom, can you do this?"

3. Do you pour syrup on your pancakes or dip your pancakes in the syrup?
Dip??  Do people actually do this?  I'm a pourer.  It's the only way.

4. Rain storms: Love them or hate them?
Love.  Love.  Love.  The more inclement the better.  Unless I'm planning to get married that day.  But since I'm already married I love them all the time.

5. Do you like swimming?
Yes, however I must have perfect conditions: 95 degree water, crystal clear, and no threat of anything biting my toes.  Otherwise, I'm perfectly content looking at the water.

6. What kind of drink do you order at Sonic?
Well, if we had a Sonic it would probably be a tall, icy cup of water.  I'm not one for sugary beverages.  I'd rather get my calories from brownies.

7. Are you funny?
Pssshh.  No.  Probably not.

8. At what age will your kids get cell phones?
Let's see...I got mine when I was 16 and my co-worker's niece got hers when she was 9.  So by the time my children are five years old they will probably be ready to hit up their friends on their Sesame Street cellies.

See.  Not funny.

9. What’s your favorite vegetable?
Artichoke.  Avocado.  Aardvark.  Just kidding.  Avocados are fruit.  And aardvarks are animals.

10. Were you a Girl Scout?
Yes, I was a brownie.  It was fun; I did a May pole dance, learned how to roll up a sleeping bag, "hunted" for boxes of cereal in the woods and made a nest out of pine needles.  I got what I needed out of the thing, then moved on to other projects.  Important kindergarten responsibilities.

...

See you next week.  Just kidding, I'm sure I'll post something in four days.  (rolls eyes)

2 comments:

E said...

Hunting for boxes of cereal in the woods, a skill everyone should have!

jen said...

i was never cool enough to be a brownie, i made up for though in middle school when i FINALLY was allowed to be a junior (much to the pleasure of my tormentors...)