Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

Boy do I have some stories for you!  Unless I don't get around to posting them very soon, in that case I will know there are stories but I won't remember them...and that, my friends, is a lot less interesting.  So first our Tens, then the rest.  Mmmkay?


1. What is your favorite zoo to visit?
Corey and I always go to the West Palm Beach Zoo when we go to Florida.  It's not huge, but they have all of our favorite animals, and it's usually too hot to do much more than what they've got.


2. Do you visit a zoo very often?
See answer to number one.  "Always" was every spring, until just recently when we realized we'd like to try a new vacation getaway.  A vacashway as Old Navy calls it.

3. Do you have a membership to a zoo?
Nope.

4. When you visit a zoo, do you stay all day or just an hour or two?
I like to stay for-ev-er and look at every single thing.  And then I like to plant it in front of the monkeys so I don't miss any of their antics.

5. Do you buy food at the zoo or pack a picnic lunch?
Zoo food all the way.  Preferably a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.  For some reason PB&J just feels right.

It's also the meal of choice at Disneyland.

6. What is you favorite animal to see at the zoo?
The otters.  They do back flips without any formal training and I admire the athleticism.

7. What is your least favorite animal to see at the zoo?
I have none.  I love all the animals.

8. What is your favorite memory of going to the zoo as a kid?
We went to the San Diego Zoo a few times when I was young.  I think there may have been an elephant ride...?  I remember snippets of a lot of different parts of those visits and they are among some of my favorite memories in the "of all time" category.

9. Do you visit the gift shop when you go to the zoo?
You betcha.  I love the gift shops almost as much as the otters.

10. On a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being the best and 1 being the worst) how nice is your city’s zoo?
Not Applicable.  We don't have a zoo, but we do have a lot of squirrels.  And I would rate them at about a 7.

...

Happy Tuesday!  I hope the leaves of your plants aren't literally burning in this scorching heat like ours!

No comments: