Wednesday, October 26, 2011

If The History Channel Says It Can Happen...

Remember this list?


Remember how I said I'm a tad nervous, although irrationally, that I just might find a zombie standing in my shower waiting to take a big bite out of my trapezius?

(that's the muscle in your neck leading to your shoulders and back.  i don't know, i just imagine this to be the most convenient place to bite...)

Remember what channel The New Girl is on?  Because I can't seem to find it....

But I digress.

I am still 99% sure a zombie invasion is not right around the corner, and I'm still convinced there is something real silly about turning on all the lights and checking my closet just in case, but when it's dark outside, and I'm all alone...

...and The History Channel airs a program interviewing scientists (scientists of all people!) who say a zombie take over is possible and people should be prepared....

....and there are actual people out there (Zombie Squad) who train for this type of event....

....and I just happen to see the numbers "666" twice in one day....

I get a little nervous.  Like "Oliver, run upstairs and get your ball so I can see if you get startled by someone being there who shouldn't be there" nervous.

Or "I'll make a lot of noise with this giant stick in my hand to draw them out of their hiding places" nervous.

(we have sticks in our apartment, but i swear they are usually only used for decoration)

One day I'll grow up.

...

Today is not that day, my friends.

5 comments:

Kathryn said...

The new girl is on Fox, but they haven't had any episodes because of the stupid world series... I can't wait for it to come back!

And I had a very scary zombie nightmare the other night. I will be avoiding the History Channel for the foreseeable future.

Tiphany Bode said...

New Girl should air again on November 1. At least, I hope it does...

Erin said...

Zombies? Please. I'm afraid of ACTUAL (living) killers behind my shower curtain, on the floor on the far side of the bed, and in walk-in closets.

Anonymous said...

Start stock-piling weapons and improve your swing with an ax. That is my only advice for you. XD

E said...

I work on a college campus and the students are currently in the midst of playing "Zombies vs. Humans". 700 people are running around campus with nerf guns trying to kill each other. So I'm sure they'll be fine in the case of an actual outbreak.