1. What does your car say about you? If you don’t have a car, what kind of car would be your daily driver?
I drive a very plain, no frills Hyundai Tucson. (I lie, one frill: butt warmers.) So does that mean I am plain and no frills?
Hecks no! I may appear dull and lifeless, but I assure you underneath these black slacks and green cardigan there is a girl just bursting to try out a new crocheted doily pattern with some craaaaazy color yarn!
2. To this point, what has been your purpose on this planet?
To make me happy. Shocker, I know. But I have only just recently, within the past few years, realized **gasp** it's not all about me!
3. If you could trade places with any person for any amount of time, who would it be?
Anyone rich and famous. For a week. To get it out of my system so I can happily come back to real life and plans of living on a farm with Corey and our retired racehorses, chickens, and alpacas.
4. What is your favorite kind of cake? If you don’t like cake, what is it about it that you don’t like?
Chocolate cake with chocolate frosting. But it has to be the stuff from the grocery store, in the box. No cake compares. If you don't like cake, you're weird. That's a fact. So I will eat your piece for you.
5. Would you have wanted to live in your parents’, grandparents’ or great-grandparents’ generation or only your own?
I want to live in the generation where women wore dresses and those cute black and white shoes, men held doors open and didn't curse like sailors, and kids would get a swat on the butt for talking back.
6. Do you have any home remedies for illnesses, cleaning or otherwise?
If you're feeling grody, put down the double bacon cheeseburger and pick up a carrot. Your body is trying to tell you something.
7. What is your ideal weather situation?
Sunny and 72 degrees. Slight breeze. You can do anything in sunny 72. Except ski. But I can live without skiing.
8. What is your best attribute (physical or personal)?
Well, my nickname growing up was "bugle lips" and I heard a "tree trunk" remark from a nasty little boy who became my boyfriend for 3 days in sixth grade, so I believe my best attribute might be something on the inside, like my ability to drive without paying attention.
9. Do you text or surf while driving?
No. (yes) I never text while driving. (yes i do) Because it is dangerous. (i do it anyway) And against the law. (still do it) Plus, my mom yells at me whenever I even touch my phone in the car. (i wait until she gets out)
10. How long have you known your best friend?
There is a three-way tie for best friend. In no particular order:
- Jill - 14 years. Since marching band (band reference for the week: check). She brought me out of the cozy box my parents kept me in and introduced me to boys as boyfriends and not cootie machines.
- Katie - since birth. Hers, not mine, 23 years. Sisters are automatic best friends. They know you better than you know yourself and are the only people you can trust to give it to you straight with the best intentions. I can definitely count on Katie to tell me how she really feels.
- Kimberlie - also since birth, 22 years. She goes along with most of my dumb ideas. Lord help her.