I am currently in a love/hate relationship with my hair. It hates me and yet I still keep it around.
There is a "relaxed" quality to my curl, borderline lazy, and yet a frizz factor that is less "bringing sexy back" and more Junior High awkward class photo. This leaves me with a daily dilemma: what do I do with this mess??
The solution: put it up.
When it's wet: put it up.
When I let it dry a little and gets that beginning frizz: put it up.
When I dry it with the blow drier and it just doesn't curl right: put it up.
I was surprised one day when I had the time to tame it and I noticed how long it had grown!
Then back in the spring I stumbled on a little secret that halfway helps: don't wash it every day.
But there was a noticeable difference. My strands weren't as dry and I had a pretty good wave-thing going. Although, I still had to "put it up," the top half of my hair would be too greasy.
With this new line, the Fresh Start Dry Shampoo, I can skip my daily washing get rid of the grease and save myself from 1) the time it takes to wash and dry my hair every day (hello 15 more minutes of Good Morning America!) and 2) the frizz and nasty curl I get from my hair being so dry. All I have to do is take yesterday's hair, use my Fresh Start and style.
There are a few different options, based on your hair type:
- Strengthening Dry Shampoo: with vitamins for strength and body
- Volumizing Dry Shampoo: with mineral clay and citrus, it removes oil for great volume
- Smoothing Dry Shampoo: with proteins to refresh straight hair
- Moisturizing Waterless Foam Shampoo: with Witch Hazel, Citrus and Aloe Vera to remove oil and odor while moisturizing hair (this is the one I use)
Long story short: with this stuff you can skip a hair washing and still look good (and smell good, thank you citrus extracts.)
Celeb Julia Allison teamed up with TRESemme and created a tutorial on how to use Fresh Start Dry Shampoo. She's also giving away a $500 gift card to Target to a lucky viewer...hint, hint.
And if you'd like to read for yourself how easy TRESemmé Fresh Start Dry Shampoo is to use, here are a few recommended directions to get the best results:
- Do shake vigorously before use and in between spray bursts
- Do lift section of dry hair and spray lightly at roots
- Do spray in short bursts, holding 8-12 inches from head
- Don't spray it like hair spray (all over and continuously)
- Do leave in for 1-2 minutes
- Do use fingertips or a brush to distribute product evenly
- If clogging occurs, remove the nozzle and rinse under warm water, then reattach
Check it out!