Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

Something funny is going on in this week's Ten on Tuesday....someone has babies on the brain!


1. What is the worst compliment you have ever received?
I'm sure there have been plenty of cringe-worthy compliments, but all I can think of are times my attributes were made fun of: like when my Grandpa Danny would call me bugle lips.  Or when my classmates would laugh at my soccer sweatshirt that said "All Star Stacie" on it.

Don't cry for me.  It didn't hurt my feelings for a second.

Boy do I miss those carefree, self-confident days!

2. Did you/would you tell everyone the name of your baby before they were born, keep it a secret, or not choose until after they were born?
No kids here.  And I can't say for sure what we will or won't do, but I know I probably won't want to reveal a name until it's hatched.

Now the gender on the other hand, I'm not sure I'll want to keep that a secret...even from myself!

3. What is your favorite candle smell?
Christmas Tree.  We already have one going in our apartment.

4. What is the best birthday/Christmas gift you received when you were pregnant or the best birthday/Christmas gift you gave a pregnant person that was really appreciated?
Well.....I haven't known too many preggos, but for the few I have gotten gifts for I'm sure the bottles, crib sheets, and socks came in handy at some point.

5. Who was your favorite teacher?
Most of the teachers I had in Indiana (6th-12th) were wonderful.  Mr. Culp did magic tricks, Mrs. Greene is the nicest person I've ever known, Mr. Larimer let us call him Ebola Stan and play tricks on other science classes, Mr. Kirkton told lame math jokes and listened to Hank Williams during class, Mr. Jones, Peterson, Spradling, and Golden as my band teachers I spent more time with than my own parents.

The list, literally, goes on and on and on and....

6. What is the best game/activity you have ever played at a baby shower?
I'm a fan of the game where you eat chocolate out of diapers and try to guess what kind it is.  It combines my love of bathroom humor and chocolate into one tacky activity.

7. What was your major in college and did you end up using it in your career?
I was a communications major in college and yes I do use my skills in my current job because I am required to communicate.

Lame.

8. What is a beauty product you swear by?
I am in love with Crabtree & Evelyn's pomegranate body lotion.  It makes my skin silky smooth, but the best part is the clean, slightly fruity smell (I am not a fruity smell kind of person) that stays with me for-ev-er.

Call me crazy, but I like to smell good.

9. What is the kindest thing a stranger has ever done for you?
For me?  Hold open a door?  I don't remember, but I have seen over a thousand strangers work toward giving Special Olympics athletes the time of their lives.  That's pretty special.

10. If you could recommend one new baby necessity, what would it be?
A momma and daddy that love each other.  Other than that, I've got nuthin'.

You know, because all Corey and I have is a dog...

...

Play along, link up over at Chelsea's!


1 comment:

E said...

Yeah, I decided not to do Ten on Tuesday this week because are nowhere on the horizon. I'm still very single. And most of the questions are just about babies and stuff. But really, a dog is like a kid, so you're close.