Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Pinterest? No, thank you.

So, word on the street is there's this fancy new thing to do on the Internets called Pinterest.


The following is what I know about this site:
  • It can be found on the World Wide Web.
  • People really like it for some reason.
  • My friend Alyssa found a bunch of recipes.
  • Little buttons are now popping up in other websites that say "Pin It".
  • It is a black hole of stuff that sucks you in and turns your entire day into one big long interweb search of everything you didn't know you didn't know.
But I may exaggerate.

After all, I have never been to the site.

This is what I've heard:

"I learned how to do such-and-such on Pinterest."

"You can find lots of cool ideas on Pinterest."

"I spend a lot of time on Pinterest."

"OMGosh Pinterest is so addicting."

"Seriously, I was on Pinterest for hours and hours."

"I just. can't. stop...."

"Hey Stace, you should really try Pinterest."

Here's the deal friends, I am currently neglecting most aspects of my life already.

I don't have time to prepare healthy meals.

I only fold laundry when we are having to dump a full basket of clean clothes onto the bed in order to find a sock match.

I have enough time to make jewelry to stock one store.  Partially.

And I'm not entirely sure what Corey looks like these days.

So if there is just one more thing out there that is going to fill me with all kinds of ideas of fun things I can do or make and cause me to spend a full Saturday crafting or baking or sawing things out of wood with very little experience doing so I'm going to have to politely pass.

Because that Saturday was probably already designated for something else.

Martha Stewart Living is where I draw the line.



...but only because I paid for the entire year.

2 comments:

E said...

I definitely use Pinterest, mostly as a way to remember things I find online that I really like. I don't spend hours on it and honestly, I don't actually make that much from it. But I have used it for a few crafts, as I did gift shopping and making this Christmas, and to be able to look at funny sayings that always bring a smile to my face. That said, I totally get not wanting another distraction. :)

Thus ends my essay on Pinterest.

Mamarazzi said...

i cannot get sucked in to another time suck...no time, no time!