Monday, August 3, 2009

Aaaaaaand they're OFF....

...at Saratoga! Yes, welcome to the 100-and-something season of horse racing at this, the most, or maybe it's the second most, historic race track in the country!!...or world...or whatever.

In this relationship, one of us is a racing fanatic and the other likes to get dressed up and look at fancy hats (that's me).

June:

"Corey! It's almost here!!"

"I know! The track is only 29 days away!!!"

July:

"I will help you right after the track is over."

"A week before the wedding?!?"

July 28:

"This is the best time of the year!"

"You mean, besides our wedding?"

"Oh yeah, of course!"

No, really. This is a good thing. Now is the time I get to push through a few "questionable" practices without any resistance from the distracted groom.

Like little finger cymbals for all the guests. So, when we say our "I do's" we'll hear a wave of tin chirps. Romantic...right?!

Or maybe fish bowl centerpieces.

Or a fun new dance where everyone grooves in their socks!

Am I trying to make Corey regret his choice in priorities? hehehehehe....no.

No comments: