Thursday, August 13, 2009

Just a quick note from the pet peeve department

I swear, just one more off-topic post and then I'll get back to the sappy, boring details of the wedding that is already 98% planned.

Here's the thing, and I only just recently started noticing this, when you talk on the phone you really don't need to narrate everything you do.

Don't get me wrong, folks. I would love to hear about your day, or the conversation you had with your immature, selfish ex-boyfriend, but when you start digging through your purse for a pen, or looking up a phone number on the computer I don't need to hear your conversation to yourself.


"Let's see, I know it's here somewh-oh there's my tic-tacs..."


"Do bee doop doop (sucking noise) I know I saved it...."


"Hummmmmm, (big sigh) if I open that and click on this..."


"Now why did I save this piece of string?"


I'm glad you have a healthy and open relationship with yourself, but when you talk out loud like that I feel like I'm eavesdropping. And that's rude.

No comments: