But I'm not here to argue the awesomeness that is the Derek Jeter machine. I just thought I'd share a few highlights:
- Brand-spankin'-new stadium, awesome.
There is actually a screen that shows every single word that is said/sung in that stadium. However, when Mr. Posada comes on the screen for a little announcement in his native tongue what you see is "(Speaking Spanish)". I wonder, why put the video message on the screen and not the words? Is it impossible for there to be deaf Latinos? Shame, shame.
- 5 hour and 10 minute, 13 inning game in rain, sleet, and cold. Opposite of awesome, but still worth mentioning.
- Home run in the 11th inning to tie the game by the steroid-free Alex Rodriquez, or as we Yankee fans like to call him, A-Rod. See what we did there?
- Numerous random-stranger high fives with this super fan:
- 5 foul balls. Almost had 'em.
- A Kate Hudson sighting.
She left early. How do I know? Corey kept watch. Close watch.
Two Yankee playoff tickets: $250