Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween!

"Why is she walking into that house?"

"Doesn't she know he's in there?!"

"Turn a light on!  You don't have to walk around in the dark!!!"

I hate scary movies.  Hate 'em.  I hate the suspense.  I hate the gore.  I hate sending my poor dog into the bathroom at night to flush out serial killers.  But I still torture myself every Halloween and watch something I know will haunt me for months if not years.

A list of too-scary movies, in no particular order:
  • The Ring: Scared my pants off.  The premise: this creepy video kills you seven days after you watch it.  I watched only part of the video, but seven days later I seriously wondered if I was going to die.
  • Texas Chainsaw Massacre: Super gory.  I did not expect to actually see a guy hanging from a meat hook, but I did notice the effectiveness.  That guy was in pain.  Mission accomplished.
  • Saw: Scariest.  Movie.  Ever.  I don't want to talk about it.
  • Child's Play: Saw the preview when I was six, couldn't look at my dolls the same way.
  • The Shining: Ghosts, check.  Possessed weirdo, check.  Creepy kid, triple check.
  • Thriller: Yeah, it's just a music video, but don't pretend you don't check for zombies after it's over.
This year:  The Amityville Horror.  I figure it will take me 8 months before I stop worrying my apartment is trying to kill me.

No comments: