Thursday, June 10, 2010

For Your Information

I have two very important things to share with you today:

1.  My outfit would, most definitely, qualify me for What Not To Wear.  In my show-watching experience I have seen worse examples of what not to wear.  Hey, is that how they got the name??

Anyway, today you will find me in beach sandals (just because Vera Bradley put her stamp on them, doesn't make them office appropriate...wish I had told myself that this morning), tan capris that end at my belly button, a green sleeveless collared shirt I probably got in the '90s, a too short bright pink sweater, and a poofy ponytail.

I'm trying to be as invisible as possible.  Which is why Katie and I are not going out for lunch.  We're eating at our parents' house.

2.  Corey said something funny.

Well, I thought it was funny.

Here's the set up: I had just pulled into the parking lot at home with a few bags of groceries in the car.  Corey had the dog out and was talking to our neighbor, Ashley.  I took the bags upstairs, let myself in with my keys and then ran back down to grab my purse.  The following conversation took place behind my car:

"Hey, what do you want to do for dinner?"

"I don't know yet.  Did you lock your (car) door?"

"No.  Do I really need to??"

"(sigh).  Yes.  Do you have your keys?"

"No.  They're upstairs."

"Can you lock it from up there?"  (meaning with the clicker thing)

"I dunno."

"(sigh) I'll go get them."

"Why??"

"So I can lock the door."

"Down here??"

"Yeah."

"Hey, you know they put lock buttons inside cars these days."

No comments: