Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Ten on Tuesday


1. What would the title of your autobiography be?
I am terrible at this stuff.  If someone said, "here is a million gazillion dollars to summarize this hundred page book into four-to-ten words that are clever and catchy," I would have to respond, "I am sorry sir or ma'am, but my brain does not have a 'summarize function.'  Good day."

But I do know what my autobiography would be about...


2. What’s the funniest thing you’ve ever heard a child say or seen him/her do?
My co-worker's two-year-old went from the backyard where she was playing to the driveway to poop.  She pooped right on the driveway.

3. What is your favorite kids game to play?
Tag.  In all variations.  However, when I play as an adult thoughts of "I could fall and scrape all the skin off my knees if I run fast enough in these shoes with such little traction," or "what if someone tags me and accidently pushes me into a tree and I hit my head causing a massive brain hemorrhage?" creep into my head and kinda ruin the game.  Which is why I require cleats and full body armor when playing.

Just kidding.  But I am seriously considering it.

4. If you got invited to a potluck BBQ tomorrow, what would you bring?
A fruity jello mold.  Your barbeque is naked without one.

5. If your ears are pierced, how old were you when you got your ears pierced?
I was four or five.  My mom took me to the mall and I remember screaming very loudly.  There may or may not have been ice cream afterward.  Months later I got mad at my grandma because she wanted to put teeny tiny earrings in and I was afraid my earlobes would swallow them up.

6. If you were celebrating your 30th anniversary, where would you want to go?
If I was celebrating my 30th wedding anniversary: Italy.  If I was celebrating my 30th life anniversary: Italy.  One of these occasions is coming up....ahem.

7. What one blogger would you love to meet and why? And what would you want to plan to do with them?
The PW.  We would mosey around the ranch and bake cupcakes all. day. long.  Remind me to tell you about the dream I had about Pioneer Woman.  Weird.  But not in a stalker way, I swear. 

Or that Roots and Rings lady.  She cracks my stuff up.  (However, we could never be friends because I am only 5'7'' and 3/4.  Insert winky emoticon here, por favor.) 

8. On a scale from 1-10, how good at you at home decor? (Pictures welcome.)
If I had an unlimited budget: 10.  My current budget: 3.  With Corey's strong preference for a brown color palette: 1.
Living room and dining room, although they aren't reall "rooms."

My studio.  My haven.  My safe place.

9. Do you have good fingernails?
I L-O-V-E my fingernails.  They are rock hard and a pretty good shape.  One of my more relaxing rituals is to trim and file and buff and polish them. 

Aren't you glad you asked?

10. Pickles: Dill or sweet? Baby, spears, or chips? Plain or on a burger?
Dill pickles, please.  Sweet pickles are stupid and do not belong on this earth or in macaroni salad.

5 comments:

Chelsea said...

5'7 and 3/4 is respectable... :)

I think I Jello mold would last 5 seconds in the Houston heat... then it would turn to KoolAid.

Agree - sweet pickles should be illegal.

Erin said...

I wrote about you in my ToT! Hope you're having a great day!

Erin said...

Girl, I'm 5' 7" and 3/4, too!

Debbie said...

mmmmm....fruity jello mold sounds so appetizing. that reminded me of national lampoons christmas vacation with the mold that's brought over and has cat hair on it. yum. :)

i had a weird thing about teeny tiny earrings, too!!

Erin said...

Saratoga?! My family is from Hopkinsville, a stone's throw away!