Tuesday, June 22, 2010
Ten on Tuesday
1. If you could trade lives with another blogger for a day, who would it be and why?
Cathe Holden from Just Something I Made. She is the best do-it-yourselfer. I'd rummage through her craft stuff, "borrow" her ideas, then come back to my own life and make cool things out of twine, used leather, and vintage books too.
2. Do you prefer receiving handmade or store bought gifts? Be honest!
3. Would you rather camp or stay in a hotel?
Both. I love being in the woods and I don't mind peeing on nature. But camping has to be planned. If Corey and I were traveling down to NYC and stopped in Tarrytown for the night I would expect to pull into our favorite Marriott. If he instead popped out a tent I would probably throw myself off the Tappan Zee Bridge.
4. What’s your favorite comfort food?
Currently, razzleberry pie. Is it Mrs. Smith's? Marie Calendar's? Who cares. It's full of my favorite berries and the buttery crust just melts in my mouth. Corey and I easily finish off the whole thing in two nights. That's a lotta comfort, folks.
5. You’re having a really bad day at work. How do you unwind when you come home?
Pajamas come on immediately, and socks are pulled up over pant legs. Then I curl up on the couch with a fuzzy green blanket pulled up to my chin, turn on a crime solving show (nothing says comfort like Richard Ramirez) and wait for the above mentioned pie to come out of the oven.
6. What’s your favorite chore? (Or, the chore you hate the least)
Ooooh! I love to vacuum. It's fun watching the canister fill up with dirt and hair.
Fun? Is that really the right word?
7. What got you interested in blogging?
Reading the Cake Wrecks blog. That Jen is hilarious and I thought, "I wanna talk about random stuff, too." So here I am. Talking about random stuff. Every day.
8. Are you currently reading a book? What is it?
Oh, you want to know what it is too? This is more like Eleven on Tuesday... An Irish Country Doctor by Patrick Taylor. I like it. It's about an Irish country doctor. Clever, eh?
9. Do you have a favorite artist?
Michelangelo. He was the most talented, versatile, dedicated artist of all time. Ever. He was a painter, sculptor, architect, he even designed fortresses for Florence. He probably made a mean eggs florentine, too, but all the biographies seem to focus more on his art. Ppsssh.
10. Have you ever met someone famous?
I met Bobby Flay two years ago. He was nice, and super cute. I had to ask him if he would take a picture with my friend, Jill. "Oh yeah, sure!" he said. It probably helped that she was a tall blond. Men.
I also know someone who looks exactly like Rod Stewart. Does that count?