Thursday, September 23, 2010

Squirrely Fantasy

Meet Squiggly.


The office squirrel.


She comes to say hi a few times a day.  She'll perch herself on the ledges of our windows and watch us for a few minutes as if she is genuinely interested in the daily opperations of our office.

But really, she just wants food.


And my co-worker, Sharon, obliges. 


Which is probably why we now see Squiggly's bolder, yet-to-be-named friend.



Who may or may not find her way into the office some day.


In the very near future.

But I don't mind.  I've wanted my own little pet squirrel for as long as I can remember.


I would name her Roxanne, but call her Roxy.  Because then I would have an excuse to sing two of my favorite sing-along songs.

I love to make noise, in general.

But not loud noises.

...

Just look at those a-dor-able rodent eyes.  And don't even get me started on animals with opposible thumbs.

I guess if someone were to, perhaps, let Squiggs and her friend in, by complete accident of course, I just might have to, out of the goodness of my heart, let them curl up in my snack drawer to nap in between cuddle sessions.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So cute! In high school we had a hurricane kill a mother squirrel and we got to raise the two babies. It was just a great experience! They were so sweet. Enjoy your visitors!