Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

I thought today was Wednesday...


1. What type of home do you currently reside in?
Loft apartment.  It has a buncha character, lots of room to play soccer with the dog, and my own space for a studio.  However, Oliver dog needs a yard to spaz out in and I need a room for all the babies.

ahem.


2. If you could completely redecorate one room in your home, what room would you pick, why, and what would you do to it?
The bathroom.  Oh how I shudder when company asks where it is.  We have nice marble tiles and a pretty decent shower, but our counter, sink, closet, mirror and lighting is like what you would find in campus housing.  Or a garage.  The counter is green laminate that has stains from Corey's shaving cream (why??), the cupboard below and closet are laminate particle board from Target, meant to be used to store cleaning supplies in a garage.  The mirror is just one big piece o' glass and the lights are straight out of the 80's.  I have pleaded with Corey to talk to our landlord, but alas....

3. What is your favorite place to gain inspiration for your home decor style?
HGTV. 

4. What is your favorite piece of decor in your home?
Our floor lamp.  It's kinda like....


...this.  Actually, this is it. 

5. What do you want visitors to feel when they visit your home? Do you think your home gives off that feeling?
Comfortable, and I think they do.  We have a wide open layout, lots of plants and good, soft lighting.  Although, it is a tad unnerving to constantly be watching out for poles and slanty walls. 


Ps. This is what it looked like before we filled it with our junk.

6. Describe your home in one word and explain why you chose that word.
Artsy.  Because when you think of a real cool cat you picture him wearing a beret, smoking a skinny cigarette and carrying a portfolio full of charcoal drawings of naked people and you know he lives in a loft apartment in NYC.

7. What are some predominant colors or patterns in your home?
Brown.  Corey likes a very, very neutral color palette.  The old bedspread was brown, towels were brown, shower curtain is brown, couches are ivory, ottoman is brown, etc.  I have managed to introduce a green rug and red quilt and his parents gave us colored towels.  It's a work in progress.

8. What is your favorite room in your home and why?
My studio, all of my goodies live here.

9. Do you take a hands-on or DIY approach to projects around your home or do you enlist or hire help?
I am strictly hands on.  And I live with a man who hires people to put up blinds.  There is much room for compromise.

10. Where is your favorite place to shop for home furnishings?
Anywhere I can get a good deal on good quality.  Also known as a garage sale.  But we do have a lot of Pottery Barn stuff, and I can't argue with the quality there.  I can, however, argue with the price.  Yikes.

...

There's my ten.  Now on with Tuesday.

No comments: