1. I went to the eye doctor this morning and walked out with a sample pair of contacts on my eye balls to try out for a week. After going exclusively glasses for four years I am now finding myself still trying to push them up the bridge of my nose.
2. Would that be "phantom glasses"?
You know, like "phantom limb"?
Bad taste, Stacie.
3. It's kinda like in college when I finally took out my nose ring but kept sticking my thumb up my nose anyway to make sure the screw part wasn't sticking out. Finger in nose with nose ring: normal. Finger in nose without nose ring: weirdo booger picker.
4. Why, yes I did almost drop my phone in the toilet last week.
Thank you for reminding me.
5. I made a habit out of accidentally dropping important things in toilets several years ago; underwear, bunny tails, etc.
6. For some reason my headlights are not lasting more than a few months before burning out. Yesterday while circling a parking lot an old man passing me motioned for me to roll my window down:
"Your headlight is out."
"Oh, I know. Thank you."
7. People in this area a very serious about headlights. I would like to say this is the only time I've been yelled at by strangers for this reason.
8. Last year a disabled couple I let cross the street in front of me turned around and with their gums clenched told me in so many words to get myself to the nearest auto repair shop and have my dead bulb replaced immediately.
9. Tomorrow I send out a package of my favorite things to my blog swap buddy Jen. Like me, she has a blog. And she writes goofy things. I'm half expecting to get exactly the same things in return. Which would be more than alright because if I'm sending her my favorite things and she's sending the exact same things I would then be receiving my favorite things.
It's simple mathematics.
10. Two-for-one confession: I gave up sweets for Lent but am having an ultra-blech week so I broke down and ate two small pieces of a giant chocolatey chocolate, heavy on the chocolate, cake. Perhaps a slight punishment from above, the little leftover piece of frosting I just could not finish smells like feet and armpits.
Have a lovely weekend and may all your dreams come true!