Time for fun and games with Chelsea's Tens!
1. What are your designated chores in your home?
I make the bed and walk the dog in the mornings, and wash and (sometimes) fold the laundry on Sundays. I don't do much else because a) I've got felting to do or b) Corey beats me to it.
He loves chores.
2. What is your least favorite chore to do around the house?
I hate dishes so much I'm shaking right now.
3. What was your designated chore growing up?
4. Did you get paid to do chores or was your allowance connected to you completing your chores?
I didn't get paid nor did I get an allowance. But if I remember correctly, I did manage to get everything I needed and some of the things I wanted.
Some things. I never did get my Barbie Jeep.
5. If you had a bit of extra money, would you hire a cleaning person or would you save the money for something else?
I don't mind cleaning. In the right mood and with the right toothbrush, I can have myself a good time. And I'd rather spend $40 on a good pile of food.
6. What chores will you make your kids do around the house?
7. How frequently do you do laundry? Wash your sheets? Dust?
I wash our clothes every week and our sheets every two weeks, if not sooner. There's only two of us but somehow we manage to create a lot of laundry.
And I know I don't dust. Corey...do you dust??
8. Do you have a designated “chore day” during the week?
Just laundry day, Sunday. Otherwise, Corey does dishes three times a day, he vacuums twice a week when the mood strikes and one of us will clean the bathroom when the spittle on the mirror starts to impede the view.
9. What is your favorite chore–if such a thing exists?
Vacuum. I love watching the little dog hair tumbleweeds disappear and the sound of dirt being sucked up is like music to my ears.
10. Do you do anything to help pass the time while doing chores (music, TV, etc.)?
I sing to myself, sometimes I dance, otherwise I watch TV.
This was fun, but I'm not sure Corey likes a reminder of just how little I do around the house.