Wednesday, March 21, 2012

I can see your roots need a touch-up

I'm coming to you with a new perspective today, one from four-and-a-half inches above.

Literal inches, not like out-of-body-hovering-over-myself-viewing-the-world-in-a-whole-new-way metaphoric inches.


This girl is the proud new owner of a pair of blue, scaled leather Mary Janes from Anthropologie with a heel that just don't quit.  It was one of the few splurges I will allow myself this year, the others being a new dress for the summer and a flavored latte every other month.  I let myself go a little crazy sometimes.

But I'm able to justify my splurges:
  • I rarely shop for clothes or shoes for myself
  • when I do shop I only buy on clearance
  • my closet is a frump paradise in desperate need of updates
  • I work two jobs, essentially
  • I'm a girl
That last one is important; it's in my genes to want new jeans.

See what I did there?

And now, with my beautiful new shoes I've satisfied an instinctual craving for something pretty, and sassy, and outrageous.  No, I can't actually walk in them, but I can stand in them.

And stand I will.

Until I need to start shopping for my summer dress.

2 comments:

E said...

Great choice on those heels!! While beautiful, I agree those shoes aren't made for shopping in.

Kathryn said...

Go get your stand on!