Tuesday, September 27, 2011

My Thoughts, Exactly: Sandals

The opinions below are 110% my own, no one has paid me to say all kinds of nice things about these sandals, they were on my feet at the time, I realized how much I enjoyed them, and I thought I would share.

I don't often splurge on...anything.

I'm a "thrifter" as Corey called me this morning.  I live for hand-me-downs, garage sale finds and consignment stores.

However, every now and then I do come across some items that are worth spending a little extra on.

Like these:

Patagonia Bandha Sling sandals in Dried Vanilla.  Also known as my birthday present this year.

I realize it is a tad late to be talking about sandals, now that we've officially moved on to fall, but I anticipate a sale (you're welcome), plus, not all of us are blessed with four feet of snow by Thanksgiving and can get away with sandals all stinkin' year.

I hate you.

But I don't.

I came across these beauts at a downtown outdoorsy store early this past summer and by looks alone I was head over heels:
  • They're simple.  90% of the time I wear simple outfits and need a shoe to compliment.  The other 10% a slipper will do.
  • The leather and skinny design of the straps classes 'em up.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not above a flip-flop, just the opposite; these babies take me where no regular flip-flop can.  Like work meetings.
  • Back strap.  Something different, something functional.  Because now that I'm kissing my twenties goodbye I should add some rationality into my decisions.
The only hesitation I had when buying them (clarify: when Corey bought them) was the price.  For $90 I could by 180 paperback books at the next book sale, I could go on a date with hubs, I could pay one half of my last driving-on-cell ticket.  But, I reeeeeally like them, and thought they might be worth the risk.  So on my feet they went.  And I've worn them almost every other day since July.

My feet have thanked me.

Just so you know.


april said...

Very cute sandals! I feel like your mother though, when I remind you that it's Tuesday?? :)

Debbie said...

Yeah!...I am not alone! WHERE IS YOUR TEN ON TUESDAY???? Love Mom.

E said...

It's really nice to splurge every once in a while.