Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Another special day!

And now it's Kimberlie's birthday! 

My baby sister (baby only by 14 months) was born on this day 22 years ago.  I also don't remember a thing about her birth.  I was still 1.) too young, and/or 2.) too wrapped up in me.  I think I'll go with c.) I just had too much on my plate with a hectic kindergarten schedule, Care Bears and My Little Pony shows to watch, Teddy Ruxpin to entertain, and daily ABC training.

But, as with Katie, we started making memories not long after she was born.

I do think I mentioned the poop in the tub.

Fast forward several years to her collection of Berlie-isms.  Those funny little sayings that only a mind as open and creative as hers could come up with.  And only a person as confident as Kimberlie would allow herself to say such things as:

"Just use the meat beater."

To avoid undue labels, she meant meat tenderizer.

And my favorite:

"I didn't know you could wash clothes when they're wet."

No wait, my favorite is this one:

(to the tune of I Swear by All-4-1) "I swear, by the moon and the justice for all..."

Or maybe this is my favorite:

"I'm left handed in the mirror too!"

Or this:

"When life hands you oranges, make orange juice."

Oh, Kimberlie.  Have a great day.

No comments: