Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Ten on Tuesday



1. What’s the perfect meal?
A never-ending supply of artichokes.  You could eat, like, a billion and not be full.  Seriously.  After scraping less than half of a half of a half-full bite from a couple dozen leaves you are left slightly less than not even close to being full.

There is probably a less confusing way to say that...

2. What are the perfect pair of shoes?
The comfort of a Dr. Scholl's with the look of a Jessica Simpson.

But who am I kidding.  I could never pull off a JS.

3. What is the perfect afternoon?
Lounging outside with my white legs in the sun reading a book.  Oliver laying quietly by my side not begging me every five minutes to walk him.  And Corey plopping brownie bites in my mouth while fanning me with a giant palm branch.

Oh, and no mosquitoes.

4. What’s the perfect house?
One with lots and lots of windows and enough land to house my retired race horses, alpacas and chickens.

I seem easy to please, but really that house should also have wide plank wood floors, a kitchen big enough for an island, a master bedroom with his and hers closets, jacuzzi tub, and a swirly slide that goes from the upstairs to the downstairs.

5. What is the perfect outfit?
I loves my black t-strap sandals with some leggins and a flowy top.

Because I can usually wear that combo to bed.

6. What’s the perfect wedding song?
At Last by Etta James has always been my favorite.  My bff beat me to the altar (by three years) so she used it as her first dance.  Corey and I danced to my other favorite, Frank Sinatra's The Way You Look Tonight.

7. What is the perfect job?
Making jewelry while raisin' babies, growin' veggies, planin' fundraisers and freelance ad/blog/website/logo design with an occasional commercial shoot on the side.

8. What’s the perfect hairstyle?
The kind that just Falls.  Into.  Place.

9. What’s the perfect music festival?
Um.  Music?  I don't do music...ever since that horrible Third Eye Blind Concert in 2000.

**shudder**

10. What’s the perfect day to yourself?
Shopping.  I would shop until my feet hurt.  Then I would go see a movie, a romantic comedy.  Afterwards I would find a coffee shop and read with an enormous java chip frapuccino or the equivalent.  Then I would go home and try on all of my goodies, put on my pjs and make pancakes for dinner.

...

Happy Tuesday!  Enjoy your first day of summer!!

Unless you're living in the southeast and southwest, in that case enjoy the AC.

Or if you're in Arizona, Texas or Nebraska, in that case seek shelter.

So, um, if you're in a good weather pocket, congratulations!

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Fanning you with a palm branch...oh yea, I can see that happening real soon...NOT!!! Love Mom.

Erin said...

I am dead serious when I say my #10 would be exactly the same. Exactly.

We must meet. When are you coming to GA?

E said...

I know the perfect day is supposed to be just for you, but I'd like to tag along. Okay?