Monday, July 5, 2010

Vacation Day

We are in the middle of nowhere.

And it's AWESOME!!

We left Washington DC yesterday at 4:30pm after exploring Ford's Theater and the Peterson House where Lincoln died.

But not before I had an ice cream sandwich and a frozen burrito.

My vacations revolve around meals.  My daily activities revolve around meals.

I love to eat.  And eat.  And eat.

We drove on a major highway.  Then a two lane road.  Then a one lane road.  Then a dirt road.

Then we arrived in McGayheyseville, Virginia at the Massanutten Resort.  Upon arriving we've seen two families of deer, one bachelor deer, about a million woodchucks and mountains all around.

Our condo is built into a mountain.  As I sit on the deck, eating my ice cream sandwich, I am staring at a wall of rocks and grass and shrubbery.  What beautiful shrubbery it is, too.

Today, though, I will leave my mountainous sanctuary for the main resort area and spend my hours at the waterpark.  Luckily, my parents' condo has had a number of problems (bugs in bed, dirty sheets, no AC, stove didn't work) and were offered two free passes.  Katie and I are gladly taking those passes off their hands.  Old folks don't do waterparks, us almost old folks do.

So off we go.  I will be back.  Red as a sunburned white lady.

No comments: