Thursday, March 10, 2011

Just Say No!...to Chocolate

I did the Mardi Gras thing Tuesday: I ate pancakes.

They were as thin as crepes because I had to use waffle batter, but I ate them anyway.  And they were good.

Then I did the Lent thing Wednesday: I gave up chocolate.

My sweet, sweet nourishment.

Because it's the least I can do for a savior who gave up, you know, his life.

Follow me here: I have an unhealthy love for Snickers.  I need it.  It makes my world go 'round

(my arm is not saying it needs candy, this is a pie chart, if you will.)

So by giving up Snickers and it's chocolaty cousins I have a giant, arm-sized hole.  My life as I know it is over.  I have no reason to be...

Uh, hey Stace, you think maybe you let your sweet treats get a liiiiitle more credit than they deserve?

......Yep.

So now I am giving up something I thought was keeping me going, what I thought I needed, and filling it with what I really need:

So, as much as I would like to shove Hershey's kisses by the handful down my throat, I will abstain.

Again, it's the least I can do.

But for your sake I'll be sure to take pictures of what Stacie with the shakes looks like.

...

P.S.  I'm not trying to minimize the importance of God in a person's life to what can fill up a single appendage...I  think we can agree He needs to be in everything, but giving up just one thing, one important worldly thing helps us remember what exactly our priorities should be...and I like to draw on my computer.

No comments: