Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

More fun questions over at Roots and Rings...the kind that make you hungry.


1. What condiments are always, always in your fridge?
For me: mustard.  Gotta have mustard on almost anything.  For Corey: ketchup and mayonnaise.  They guy can't have a sandwich unless it's completely saturated with mayo.


2. How do you like your steak cooked? Your burgers?
I don't eat steak.  Never been much of a fan of red meat.  And for the occasional burger I'm starting to lean more toward a dab of pink.  Before I preferred it well done plus ten more minutes.

3. What’s your favorite use for fresh tomatoes?
On someone else's salad. 

4. What’s your go-to dinner when you haven’t planned anything in advance and you don’t feel like going out?
It used to be pancakes, but I married a non-pancake eater.  So now it's either hot dogs with whatever we have in the fridge slathered all over it...or cereal.

5. What’s your favorite snack food lately?
Cheese and onion crackers.  It's the onion that does it for me.  I'm a sucker for all things oniony.

6. What’s your favorite weekend breakfast to make at home?
Again, pancakes.  But for breakfast Corey will do waffles, so I compromise.  Otherwise our favorite breakfast is walking down to the Bread Basket and picking up some fresh pastries.

7. What’s your favorite thing to grill? How do you do it?
Chicken with anything but barbeque sauce.  I also enjoy meat 'n veggies on sticks.  With onions.

8. What’s your favorite wine for under $10? If you’re not a wine person, what brand of beer is your favorite?
I drink wine but I'm a dummy when it comes to brands.  For beer I like Yuengling, but don't ask my what kind of beer it is because I would say, "the good kind."

9. Give us your most delicious cocktail recipe.
Kahlua and whole milk.  But that's more of an after dinner, put me to sleep drink.

10. How do you like your eggs?
Scrambled in a burrito, scrambled in rice, over medium with corned beef and hash.

...

And now I'm not sure if I need to party or fry an egg.

1 comment:

jen said...

How about partying while frying eggs and putting them on sticks, because everything tastes better on a stick!