Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

More fun food questions over at Roots and Rings, and I'm pretty sure I'll need to find me some pancakes ASAP.


1. What is a food that you never thought you would try, but then tried and liked?
Calamari.  I'm not a big seafood eater, and I'm even less of a squishy, slimy eater.  But one night I tried a little squid ring with lots and lots of special sauce.  It didn't kill me, didn't even make me gag a little, so since then I've managed to cut back on the sauce to taste more of the rubber...I mean squid.

2. Do you subscribe to any foodie publications? If so, which ones?
Nope, I just get my food news from Pioneer Woman.

3. What ingredient do you find yourself reaching for the most when you cook?
Butter.  My dad just fell off his seat (I tend to nag slightly about his liberal use of the stuff) but I don't use a lot, I just use it often.

4. Are there any foods that you hated as a child, but then learned to like as an adult?
Onions.  Is it possible I just mentioned my love of onions three times within seven days?  When I was five my dad brought home onion rings and I loved them.  But then I found out they were made of onions so I swore them off for at least a decade. 

5. What do you like to eat that others may consider weird?
I've really grown to love the combination of baked beans with hot dogs over cottage cheese.  As I was never a cottage cheese eater, I wasn't aware this isn't a normal combination of foods until I mentioned it to someone and got a "you ate what??" response.

6. What is the weirdest ingredient you’ve ever cooked with?
I rarely eat things that are weird, therefore I don't cook with them either.

7. Do you have any major food allergies?
No.  But I would like to be allergic to mushrooms.

8. Is there an ingredient that you would like to cook with, but are intimidated to try?
Phyllo dough.  It seems so finicky, but oh boy would I love me some cheese and spinach wrapped goodies.

9. Do you bake?
Yes.  I bake more than I cook.  Probably because the end result is tastier.

10. If you could go on any “foodie” show to compete, which one would it be, and why?
Man vs. Food.  What I wouldn't give to get paid to eat five pounds of pancake....

2 comments:

jen said...

i would be your loudest cheer leader on man vs food when you tackle the pancakes!!!

Autumn said...

Phyllo dough scares me too!