Tuesday, November 10, 2009

From the pages of my recipe book

In the 53 days I've been married I have learned that a man appreciates a good home cooked meal.  The kind of meal where you unbutton and let the fly out a little, or forgo pants altogether. 

I have yet to cook this kind of meal, but I sense it would be well received.

So, for all of you newlyweds, pre-newlyweds, and wanna-be-weds, I'll give you a secret recipe I perfected myself that will make you and your man "wanna slap your mama.  But you won't."  (My pastor says that, I think it's true meaning is lost here in the north...)

Cozy Dogs
Prep time: 3 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes

Ingredients
1 tube of Pillsbury crescent rolls
1 package of hot dogs
thinly sliced cheese (optional)

Instructions:
Preheat oven to 350.  Open the tube of crescent rolls.  Follow instructions on the tube for this.  Unroll and separate triangles.  Lay triangles out on a large, ungreased cookie sheet.  Open package of hot dogs.  Take out a hot dog.  Lay hot dog across shortest edge of crescent roll.  Lay a strip of cheese  under hot dog, if desired.  Roll hot dog.  Repeat.

Bake dogs for 20 minutes or until rolls are a golden brown.  Let cool for 10-15 minutes.

From my kitchen to yours.  Enjoy.

P.S. Check back later and I'll tell you how to bake a delicious frozen raspberry turnover!

No comments: