Thursday, November 12, 2009

Speaking of adventures...

I love Christmas.  Love it.

I love the snow, the caroling, goofy snowflake sweaters, egg nog, the smell of pine, fighting old ladies for that last $5 Cuisinart crock pot, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, family, reindeer antlers for Oliver, watching Oliver try to pull off his reindeer antlers, etc., etc.

So, of course, I have been ready to put up our decorations.  Slight problem, we have no decorations.

Problem solved: The Christmas Tree Shop.  The store that has it all, from travel size wet naps to chicken marinades to butt-shakin' Santas.

I make the trip down to Albany and enter the store fully intending to browse for a future purchase(s).  Browsing turned into a handful, which led to a cartful, and that is where our adventure begins.

"I'm in line, it might be 20 minutes before I check out."

"What did you get?"

"Oh, just some Christmas decorations."

Brief silence.

"Is this going to start a fight?"

"It shouldn't, I found some good stuff."

"How much is it?"

"Don't know yet"

"It's not going to be over $20, is it?"

"If so, not by much."

The total came to $69.76.

Needless to say, this did not end well.  But we do have a lovely red and gold themed centerpiece on our dining room table.  Oh, and more dish towels.

No comments: