Saturday, November 14, 2009

A note to the corporate offices of Taco Bell

To Whom It May Concern,

I appreciate the little bit of humor you add to my day every other week around lunch time.  Honestly, without the cute little sayings on my sauce packets, I would find nothing funny about my bean burrito minus red. 

However, now that they have their own little personalities, I feel bad tearing off a "limb", squeezing out its "guts", and just throwing it away as if our "conversation" (although one-sided) meant nothing.  I can picture my latest packet, who is afraid of the dark, sitting in the trash can wondering what it did wrong.  Was it too forward?  Too soon in the relationship to share its fears?  Did it scare me off?

So, although I felt a moment of happiness from that sauce packet, now I am racked with guilt.

Thank you,

Stacie

No comments: