Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Healthy Eating

I love food.. pizza, pasta, chicken, steak, lobster, shrimp, pie, cake, creme brulee, etc..etc...

Judging by the conversation I had with Mrs Saratoga last evening, I might have to start enjoying all these items in the car on the way home from the office, or on the way to the local Irish Pub, or while walking downtown to shop. It's not longer welcome at 130 Regent, Unit 2.

If I had a tape recording of last night's conversation, you'd all pee your pants....it was that comical. There's nothing like listening to her tell me what to eat, and what I can't eat anymore(which is almost nothing according to her).

I'm all for eating healthy; veggies, fruit, salads, etc....but if I want a pizza every now and then, I'm going to have one!

The best part of the conversation though....(and I did my best not to burst out laughing while she was ranting and raving about this), but this is coming from someone who eats chocolate cake, brownies, mac & cheese, rice krispy treats(once ate an entire plate of them), my famous "garbage plate"(tater tots, topped with spicy meat sauce, mustard, chopped onions, and a side of macaroni salad), and the list goes on and on....none which are close to healthy. Now, I know she means well, and I'm happpy she wants me to live a long, healthy life, but come on, telling a person they can't eat pizza, or put sugar on grapefruit, or dip lobster in butter, or sprinkle salt on mashed potatoes....get real already!!

No comments: