And now I have to take a day off from work to take care of all of my extras that aren't supposed to get in the way of, you know, the job I am actually paid to do.
But, alas, they have.
- A friend of mine commissioned me to make a necklace she can give as a gift. And she wants it before Christmas. The nerve.
- Thanks to my friend Jennifer, who is also a fellow crafter, all of my jewelry is sitting in a boutique waiting to be sold. But thanks to my friend Jennifer all of my jewelry is sitting in a boutique waiting to be sold! I have no stock. I need to felt my heart out.
- Sunday I am going to a cookie exchange. I need to bring five dozen cookies. Homemade cookies. The nerve.
- Saturday is Corey and my Christmas party, for which I am making a appetizer or two and cleaning my apartment, floor to ceiling, with a toothbrush and q-tip. I like to be thorough.
- Friday my entire office is getting together for a potluck lunch. I signed myself up to bring an entree and appetizer because I felt I didn't already have enough going on.
Tonight I have a meeting, and tomorrow and Friday night I feel like I have something going on that I just can't remember at the moment. So if I don't take tomorrow off I will have 12 hours on Saturday to complete the entire list.
And this list doesn't include the shopping, the wrapping, the fretting, more baking, and card mailing that will go on next week.
Oh dear, Merry Christmas!
(say it with me: Jesus is the reason for the season, Jesus is the reason for the season...)