We all love bulleted lists. They're short. Simple. And short.
Let's start with Friday:
- I don't remember Friday.
- Hellloooo 5:00am.
- Wake up, shower, dress, eat, drive, board train by 7:00am.
- Giggle at how much I love and miss train rides.
- Act like it hasn't been 18 years since the last time I was on a real train.
- Arrive in NYC.
- Act like it isn't the first time walking around the city by myself.
- Giggle at how cool it is to be a big girl.
- Walk fast like locals.
- Find Rockefeller Plaza.
- Stare at huge tree.
- Stare at people.
- Find heaven on earth (read: 2-story Antropologie)
- Find NBC studio store.
- Find NBC studio cafe.
- Find place to sit right at the window where I can stare at people without them knowing I'm staring at them.
- Wait two hours.
- Surprise BFF Jill as she walks in the NBC store (her birthday "party" was a NYC scavenger hunt)
- Take tour of NBC.
- Wave at SNL cast members.
- Giggle about almost meeting famous people.
- Walk to FAO Schwartz.
- Get in, find two more friends, watch big piano show, hear "let's go find a bar."
- Walk to bar which was actually a speakeasy. I just had water. It's legal.
- Find Scottish restaurant and eat best crabcake ev-er.
- Eat chicken.
- Eat cake.
- Eat haggis. Find out what it's made of. Turn green.
- Down two pints of beer. In five and a half hours.
- Giggle at everything.
- Realize my train leaves in 30 minutes.
- Run to Penn Station. In boots that were barely made for walking.
- Board train with 6 minutes to spare.
- Use bathroom on board. Gag and giggle.
- Curl up on two seats with scarf over my face.
- Fall asleep then wake up abruptly no less than 5 times, scared I missed my stop.
- Reach Albany, find Corey waiting.
- Drive home, put on pjs, crawl into bed, fall asleep at 3:00am.
- I don't remember Sunday.