Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Ten on Tuesday

Here I am.  Back from Christmas and all the cheery chaos and ready to talk about my feet.  But are you ready to read?  Ah ha....

No Roots and Rings button today.  I'm working from home.  Which means I'm fixin' to pour me a bowl of cereal and settle in with Will Smith and his homies in Bel Air.  So click on this link or that link or the one over there because they'll all take you over to Chelsea, our host.


1. What was the number one item on your Christmas wishlist?
I didn't have a wish list, per se.  There were a few things I wanted, but never really expressed as part of "the list."  And then there were items that would have been too big for "the list" anyway.


2. Did you get the number one item on your Christmas wishlist?
I got those too big items.  1) Husqvarna sewing machine that makes fancy letters and plugs into the computer, and 2) a 10-day trip to Washington to see my Aunt Cindy and her family and go on a week-long quilting retreat.

Score for my parents and Corey.

3. How long has it been since you’ve had a pedicure?
Two weeks before my wedding....so, way too long.

4. How cold is it in your city today?
Just got back from walking Oliver-dog.  Eighteen degrees.  Took me ten minutes to get all my layers on and then about five before I regretted putting all those layers on.

5. How many pillows do you sleep with?
I start with two, but then I end up with one very flat pillow.

6. Can you roll your tongue?
You betcha.  People who can't are weird.

7. Do you always buy the same mascara or do you try new ones each tube?
I have no mascara loyalties.  I wear the one that has enough goop in it.

8. What’s your favorite cookbook?
Currently, Pioneer Woman's.  She uses butter liberally, and there ain't nothin' better than a quarter-cup in every bite.

Ew, but that would mean taking just one big bite of butter. 

You know what I mean.

9. What was your first pet?
We had fish when I was in Kindergarten, but if I remember correctly, one of them had babies and another ate them.  So, that was a bit traumatic.  My next pet was an earthworm I found in the gutter after a rainy day.  I accidentally rolled over him with my roller skate.  Since then I have had about the same luck with pets.  I am, to this day, especially sorry over what happened to Neo, my guinea pig.

Long story.

10. Do you wear jewelry on a daily basis?
Besides the "I'm hitched" stuff, I try to wear at least a pair of earrings.  Other than that I think jewelry looks weird on me.  Maybe if I had a fancy haircut...

1 comment:

jen said...

i rolled over my pet rollie polie bug with my smurf roller skates...