Monday, June 15, 2009

95 days...


Ahhhh, yes. It's time for the bachelorette party post.


Can you tell I was a cheerleader? Do the two weeks of Jr. High cheerleading show in my spirit finger pose?

I think the lighting was bad for this picture, I can't possibly be that white...


The following is a brief synopsis of how the night unfolded:


While I planned to take a nap, my friends prepped Corey's apartment. After a minor forgotten key incident and three failed nap attempts I arrived to find neon swirlies and zig-zags pasted all over the walls.

The theme: 80s/Saved by the Bell. The attire: everything that was wrong with the 80's and my Kelly Kapowski cheerleader uniform, complete with "Cheer for a Buck" pin and foam, veiled tiara.


Why Saved by the Bell? Well, to put it simply, celebrating SBTB is akin to celebrating my own rise into teenagedom with a sense of familiarity and confidence. Those who came before me, Zack Morris, Kelly Kapowski, AC Slater, Jessie Spano, Lisa Turtle, Screech Powers, and Tori Scott (in the last season), paved the way for me and my generation to endure lost loves, broken Elvis statues, and caffeine pill addictions. They brought teenage angst out of the closet our parents would have preferred to keep it in and said, "We have raging hormones and we are not going to be ashamed!!"

That, and I still watch the show every morning while I get ready for work.




This face obviously screams "I am more than ok wearing this in public." So, why people kept asking if I was forced to be a wacky cheerleader, I have no idea.

No comments: