Monday, June 29, 2009

Common Ailments

I'm probably going to get in trouble for this, but I am just too amused by the conversations Corey and I have over his aches and pains to not share them. This one in particular:

"Might be heading to the doctor...my left knee is popping when I walk...really weird. I'm keeping an eye on it."


"You'll be fine" (this is me, the voice of reason)


"Oh no...it's more than that...it actually popped while I was walking."


"Just walk it out. You really will be fine." (me again, sympathy level 2)


"Might be ligament damage...or ACL."


"Um. No." (this was after a brief chuckle)


"Trust me."


Aw, my sweet old man.


I think after work I'll pick up a cane. He can keep it with his heating pad, special pillows, MRI results, and prescription arsenal.

But seriously folks, he did take me and my sister out for lunch on Saturday (where our waitress was an old girlfriend who apparently still has his gray Yankees sweatshirt).

He ended up with a stomach ache.

No comments: